10 Best Pickup Trucks For 2021: Reviews, Features and More
Several years before now, pickup trucks has been mostly used as utilitarian workhorses for jobs like hauling or towing of spoilt cars and for carrying loads to drive through rough roads. But recently, modern pickup trucks have been made to be more luxurious and give a driving experience close to a regular SUV.
If you want a vehicle that is blending, in all roads, for most jobs, you should definitely go for a pickup truck, and not just any but the best pickup truck. Because no other truck can match the towing ability and cargo hauling of a pickup truck while providing the ground clearance for rugged off-road adventures.
Here is a ranking of the 10 best pickup trucks for 2021 that you can select from, after haven gone through each of their features review and the specs;
10 BEST PICKUP TRUCKS 2021
10: Ford F-250
Ford calls the F-250 a “Super Duty” truck, and the name fits. The only heavy-duty truck on this list, the 2017-present F-250 features;
- twin I-beam front suspension,
- rear solid axle,
- heavy-duty shocks, and
- a choice of either a gas 6.2L engine or diesel 6.7L engine
9: Ram 1500 Classic
Available since 2019, the Ram 1500 Classic allows you to enjoy a previous-generation pickup. The 2019-2021 Classic’s exterior boasts the Ram 1500’s familiar aggressive design, with a choice of V6 and V8 engine options under the hood. This includes the 5.7L Hemi® V8 making 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque. The multi-link coil spring rear suspension is designed to deliver impressive street manners in all trim levels.
For a top-grade trim, the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock features:
- 20-inch matte black wheels
- Blacked-out grille and badges
- Off-road shocks
- Heavy-duty front and rear rubber floor mat
8: Nissan Frontier
The Nissan Frontier makes the case that midsize might be the right size for pickups. Due to its compact size and ride height, all Frontiers feature a lateral entry to the cabin and easy loading and unloading of the cargo bed.
- Simplified trim levels for 2019-2021 start with the base S trim,
- with a 3.8L V6 making 310 hp and 281 lb-ft of torque, and available 4WD.
- The mid-range SV adds dual power mirrors, 16-inch polished aluminum wheels, and bed rail caps.
- Pro-4X is your weekend-ready off-roader, with Bilstein® off-road performance shock absorbers, a roof rack, and a power sliding moon roof.
7: Toyota Tundra
Toyota takes its own path with an all-V8 lineup in the full-size Tundra from 2015. The base 4.6L V8 makes 310 hp and 327 lb-ft of torque (2015-2018 models). From 2019-2021, the only engine is the capable 5.7L, producing 381 hp and 401 lb-ft of torque.
The 2017 Toyota Tundra SR comes standard with:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Bench seats with cloth upholstery
- 1-inch touch screen with Entune® infotainment
- Rearview camera
6: Chevrolet Colorado
The Chevrolet Colorado may be versatile enough for everyone. When paired with 2WD, the base 2.5L four-cylinder engine on the 2015-2021 Colorado is great for road trips, achieving an EPA-estimated 25 mpg highway.2 The optional V6 provides a little more oomph to power through deep sand or mud, making 308 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque.
The 2018 Colorado Centennial Edition comes standard with the following features:
- Centennial badging
- Exclusive 18-inch wheels
- Spray-in bed-liner
- Unique grille and bumper treatments
5: GMC Sierra 1500
GMC Sierra is like an elegant dress shoe that’s also a steel toe boot. Just the right amount of chrome trim on the grille and hood hide work-ready drivetrains, like the 2020-present 3.0L Duramax turbodiesel inline-six. Look for the 2019-2021 6.2L V8 and Max Trailering Package to handle trailers up to an estimated 12,200 lbs, when properly equipped.1
The 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT’s notable features include:
- Carbon fiber cargo bed
- Seven-inch color head-up display
- Six-function Multi-Pro tailgate
- LED running lights with chrome details
4: Toyota Tacoma
The Toyota Tacoma is a pickup enthusiast favorite. The midsize Tacoma scored an update in 2020, with tough exterior looks matched with a capable 3.5L V6 engine producing 278 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque. On models from 2016, this engine offers an optional six-speed manual transmission.
The 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road features:
- Machined-face wheels
- LED headlights
- Apple Car Play and Android Auto capability
- Cargo bed light
3: Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Built like a rock, the Silverado is a tough, full-size pickup with a thoughtful combination of brains and brawn. Let’s start with the 2019-present Silverado’s turbocharged 2.7L inline four-cylinder, which cranks out 310 hp and 348 lb-ft at only 1,500 RPM—yes, you read that right. Those years also offer the choice of a 4.3L V6, 5.3L V8, 6.2L V8, or 3.0L diesel inline-six engine.
The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country delivers the goods with standard features like:
- Heated/ventilated front seats and heated rear seats
- Power sliding rear window with defogger
- 20-inch machined wheels with chrome accents
- Two-tone leather interior with High Country badging
2: Ford F-150
The 2018 update to the Ford F-150 includes fresh, classy styling and updated engines with more power and torque. The standard 2.7L engine is a great all-around option, with 325 hp, 400 lb-ft of torque, and an EPA-estimated 26 mpg on the highway.
The 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat scores big with:
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Available 18-inch wheels
- Eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Premium sound system with 11 speakers
1: Ram 1500
The Ram 1500 is a luxury ride disguised as a full-size pickup. It can do as much work as the 2019 model with 5.7L Hemi V8, which can tow an impressive estimated 12,750 lbs when properly equipped.1 But let’s talk about the interior, which features leather and wood detail throughout.
The 2019 Ram 1500 will impress you with features like:
- 12-inch touch screen with U-connect®
- Heated leather and genuine wood steering wheel
- wireless charging for compatible devices
- Eight-way power front seats and reclining rear seats
With a good look on the above listed 10 best pickup trucks, you are to select your desired truck that will perfectly suit your taste and meet to yours demands.
MORE ARTICLES FOR YOU: